Monday 23 July 2012

Pretty Hair Bun Tutorial

I was asked by a follower on Instagram how I managed to get my medium length hair into a bun without using padding so I decided that I would do a tutorial to show how! This is a great way to style hair if you don't have time to wash it. After a few practices you should be able to do this style in super quick time.

1&2. I find that it's easier to do this style or indeed most braiding and updos when hair is curly. Tong hair in large sections. It doesn't need to be perfect as you are tying it up.

3&4. My hair tends to be quite silky and flat so I use a product that textures hair. I love Batiste XXL. I have done a review on this recently as I adore it so much. (Check out my older post for directions on how to use.)

5&6. Tie up hair in a ponytail, very high up on your head. You should look a bit like Pebbles from the Flinstones!! Spread the hair out and leave it fall.

7&8. Tease and backcomb the hair underneath in sections. Again, it doesn't have to be perfect, it's just to give the hair texture and volume.

9. Start wrapping hair around on circular motion. It should do this very easily as you will have curled and back combed the hair.

10&11. Stick hair pins into the bun. Starting with one into the front, one into the back and then one into each side. This will hold the main bun into place. After this any other pins you stick in should be just to tidy up stray ends. It's also worth going to hair supplies shop to buy a box of pins as the ones from chemists are really useless. It makes all the difference using strong pins that match your hair colour!

12. Finally pull and pinch out the sides of the bun. Don't worry it won't fall out as you have prepped the hair and it's quite sturdy! Finish off with a little spray and maybe add a little flower or bow to accessorise!

Remember, practice makes perfect and don't give up if it doesn't work out the first time!! X

No comments:

Post a Comment